Meet Doctor Magdi Alexander, MD, FACS, M.S
Dr. Magdi Alexander, MD, FACS, M.S, has been an esteemed general surgeon for over 21 years and performed advanced laparoscopic surgeries. He was recently named one of America’s top surgeons!
- Received an undergraduate degree in Biology from California State University, Los Angeles
- Earned a Masters of Science and Doctor of Medicine degree from Chicago Medical School
- Served his residency at University of California, San Diego and Kern Medical Center
- Member of the American Board of Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons
WHAT IS A HERNIA?
A hernia refers to a protrusion of fatty tissue through weakened muscle or connective tissue, commonly occurring in the abdomen. When a section of the abdominal wall is weak it will often cause a localized hole to develop. Whether from heavy lifting to laughter, it can cause an organ or tissue to push through this defect, causing a hernia.
Do these symptoms sound familiar?
- Visible or tangible bulge in abdomen or groin
- Abdominal discomfort
- Discoloration of skin
- If male, swelling or pain in the scrotum
- Nausea, vomiting, or fever
- (In Hiatal hernias) Heartburn, indigestion, unusual belching, or difficulty swallowing
What are the risks and complications associated with hernias?
Risks vary with the location, size, and the length of time the hernia has been present.
- Risks of Strangulation: In considering when to have a reducible hernia operated on, it is important to know the risk of strangulation.
- Risks of Irreducibility: Hernias that are considered irreducible are also known as incarcerated hernias and cannot be pushed back into place and must be removed through surgical methods.
SHOULD I SEE DR. MAGDI ALEXANDER?
All hernias should be examined by a hernia specialist. Untreated hernias can increase in size and pain, evolving into potential life-threatening complications. If you believe you have a hernia, see Dr. Magdi Alexander immediately. He will confirm the diagnosis and discuss the best treatment options for you.
At SoCal Hernia we will make the process as easy as possible for you, from your first consultation to your recovery after treatment or surgery.
Thousands of patients have chosen Dr. Alexander!
Call Now: 626-431-2710.
Doctor Magdi Alexander is a professional physician who will become your partner on this journey to a better, healthier you. As a compassionate and caring physician, he will take time to talk to you about your condition to develop the best possible treatment. His bedside manner is like no other.