Meet Doctor Magdi Alexander, MD, FACS, M.S
Dr. Magdi Alexander, MD, FACS, M.S, has been an esteemed general surgeon for over 21 years which include advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgeries.
- Received an undergraduate degree in Biology from California State University, Los Angeles
- Earned a Masters of Science and Doctor of Medicine degree from Chicago Medical School
- Served his residency at University of California, San Diego and Kern Medical Center
- Member of the American Board of Surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Your safety is our highest priority, which is why your surgeon will choose the best location for your operation with a surgical team that has the highest level of training and quality care.
WHAT IS A HERNIA?
A hernia is a general term referring to a protrusion of fatty tissue through weakened muscle or connective tissue, most commonly occurring in the abdomen.
When a part of the abdominal wall is weak it may cause a localized hole to develop, which then can lead to an organ or tissue to push through this defect, causing a hernia.
Do these symptoms sound familiar?
- Visible or tangible bulge in abdomen or groin
- Abdominal discomfort
- Discoloration of skin
- If male, swelling or pain in the scrotum
- Nausea, vomiting, or fever
- (In Hiatal hernias) Heartburn, indigestion, unusual belching, or difficulty swallowing
What are the risks and complications associated with hernias?
Risks vary with the location and size of the hernia as well as the length of time it has been present.
- Risks of Strangulation: In considering when to have a reducible hernia operated on, it is important to know the risk of strangulation.
- Risks of Irreducibility: Hernias that are considered irreducible are also known as incarcerated hernias and cannot be pushed back into place and must be removed through surgical methods.
SHOULD I SEE DR. ALEXANDER?
It is vital for a hernia to be examined by a hernia specialist. If left untreated, even the mildest hernia can increase in size and pain, evolving into potential life-threatening complications. If you believe you have a hernia, see Dr. Magdi Alexander immediately. He will confirm the diagnosis and discuss the best treatment options for you.
At SoCal Hernia we will make the process as easy as possible for you, from your first consultation to your recovery after treatment or surgery.
Thousands of patients have chosen Dr. Alexander!
Call Now: (626) 310-0772.
Doctor Magdi Alexander is a professional physician who will become your partner on this journey to a better, healthier you. As a compassionate and caring physician, he will take time to talk to you about your condition to develop the best possible treatment. His bedside manner is like no other.